Ep #42: Ryan Malone, Founder and CEO of SmartBug Media
Ep #43: Former, NHL Captain turner Business Owner, Lance Pitlick
Ep #44: Jeff Sanders, The Free Time Formula
Ep #45: Shoot Your Shot with Morgan J. Ingram
The Daily Grind Business Podcast interviews successful business owners and people in hopes to inspire the next great entrepreneur.
Welcome to Week 9 of The Daily Grind Business Podcast Weekly Summaries. Each week the interviewees impart their wisdom by sharing their experiences. Learn from them. To connect with them and to receive some free information please click on the links below.
There is a common thread with all successful entrepreneurs and that is the importance of investing in both your business and personal growth. So each week we also share with you titles of books that either these entrepreneurs have written or suggested that you read.
1. Henry Kaminski Jr. is the founder of Unique Designz by the HMK Group, a full-service graphic design, branding, and marketing company. He is also the author of the best seller “Refuse To Give Up.” As a self-taught graphic designer and brand consultant, he’s overcome all the odds to build a wildly successful multi-million-dollar business over the past decade. He has worked with a diverse range of business owners and professionals, including Jon Bon Jovi and Internet marketing expert Russell Brunson who has named Henry the “Million Dollar Designer.” Ultimately, Henry is dedicated to helping small businesses grow and reach their goals through creative design, brand building which will allow entrepreneurs to design the life of their dreams!
2. Ryan Malone is the Founder & CEO of SmartBug Media, a leading intelligent inbound marketing agency that assists businesses in generating leads; increasing awareness; and building brand loyalty through inbound marketing, digital strategy, design, marketing automation and PR. Ryan started his career leading marketing teams for publicly traded and early-stage technology companies later deciding to start SmartBug Media to help organizations build more impactful sales and marketing teams.
3. Lance Pitlick is a former NHL hockey player, and captain of the Ottawa Senators, who now operates and owns snipers edge hockey, and onlinehockeytraining.com. Lance was drafted in 1986 by the hometown Minnesota North Stars and went on to play eight years in the National Hockey League; five seasons with the Ottawa Senators and three years with the Florida Panthers.
He had the opportunity to play with some of the greatest players in hockey including the likes of Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux.
4. Jeff Sanders is a keynote speaker, author of the new book The Free-Time Formula, also, The 5 AM Miracle, and founder of The Rockin’ Productivity Academy. Jeff is also the host of The 5 AM Miracle Podcast, which has ranked #1 in iTunes in the Self-Help and Business categories, been nominated for 5 Podcast Awards, and exceeded 5 million downloads.
5. Morgan J. Ingram is a motivational speaker who has been nominated to the final round for TEDxSBY and TEDxUGA. His clients have begun to nickname him the “Liberation Sensation” because of his powerful messages.
Morgan’s mission now is to liberate others from their negative thoughts to turn them into positive thoughts by using motivation and social media. Through his speeches, Morgan teaches students how to remove negative thoughts from their head and to cleanse their environment to unlock their potential to strive for excellence as a scholar.
They created their businesses and products around what they were passionate about. Here are some golden nuggets of wisdom from their experiences. To listen to the entire podcast click on the links.
“I pulled myself out of a big mess. I dove in and learned how to be a true entrepreneur. Quitting was not an option. Going back to work for someone else was not an option. Once I owned my mistakes I ran with the business and I never looked back.” by Henry Kaminski Jr.
“I always had to be the big fish in the pond and I never allowed anyone around me that was better than me because it made me feel insignificant. Feelings can get in the way.” by Henry Kaminski Jr.
“I hired a coach although I didn’t have the extra money to pay for him. But quitting was not an option for me. So I invested in myself. I improved my mindset and turned it around.” by Henry Kaminski Jr.
“Being a 100 % remote business allows me to find employees nationwide. We are more flexible with working hours and we allow our employees a chance to be a hero that makes our retention level higher. We look for people who are inspired by others, do not feel threatened by smarter people and like to do challenging things.”by Ryan Malone
“When you start a business you do not have a case study, you don’t have a huge customer base but you do have your integrity and your commitments. I would rather bite off less and make sure every person I worked with knew I was committed to them rather than biting off more and not giving them the service and attention they need because those happy clients will ultimately refer me to 5-6 new clients.” byRyan Malone
“Start today. Have no fear. Find that kid in yourself again and do not worry what people think.” by Ryan Malone
“If you have an idea and want to create a business and if you think that there are not going to being problems then you are living in fantasy land.” by Lance Pitlick
“The biggest challenge we had growing our business was cash flow. We sold the majority of our yearly sales in the last 3 months of the calendar year. Our products were made in China, and when placing minimum orders of a quarter million dollars, we were required to put up 25% and then pay the remaining money when the product was shipped.” by Lance Pitlick
“Try and find something that you love to do and make it into a business. It will take time and it will take patience.” by Lance Pitlick
“My personal obstacle was my mindset around money. I have never really cared about money. The idea that I had to sell myself and realize that I was creating value and being helpful was a challenge for me.” by Jeff Sanders
“Be in the game. If you create a product, put it out there with the public and get their feedback. You must be willing to take the risk.”by Jeff Sanders
“My morning routine is a big part of my life. I exercise and then I focus on one significant activity before I have my breakfast. I do not look at my email until I have done these three things.” by Jeff Sanders
“I am super passionate about “Shooting your shot.” Many of us miss out on multiple opportunities because we are not shooting our shot to make a huge dent in this universe. We would rather hold the ball and let others score when we have an open shot to make incredible things happen for society.” byMorgan J. Ingram
“I was caught up into building my business quickly. I wanted it so badly. I needed to take a step back. I had to slow down and start building my story.” by Morgan J. Ingram
“Consistency is the key. When you are building your business you must do something every day. Accept the journey. Reach out to people who inspire you.” by Morgan J. Ingram
To connect with Henry Karminski Jr. visit his Website, Instagram at @thebranddr or watch him on his YouTube channel.
To connect with Ryan Malone visit his Website, Twitter account or email him email@example.com