These entrepreneurs dedicate their businesses to a very specific niche. They follow the adage “The Riches are in the Niches”.
Ep #122: AJ Wilcox, The LinkedIn Expert
Ep #123: Sam McRoberts, VUDU Marketing
Ep #124: Kevin Harrington, Original Shark
Ep #125: Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist of Canva
Ep #126: Peter Reitano, Abacus Agency
The Daily Grind Business Podcast interviews successful business owners and people in hopes to inspire the next great entrepreneur.
Welcome to Week 24 of The Daily Grind Business Podcast Weekly Summaries. Each week the interviewees impart their wisdom by sharing their experiences. Learn from them. To connect with them and to receive some free information please click on the links below.
There is a common thread with all successful entrepreneurs and that is the importance of investing in both your business and personal growth. So each week we also share with you titles of books that either these entrepreneurs have written or suggested that you read.
The people who Colin interviews didn’t just make a million dollars. They persevered. A lot of them failed; but they got back up, dusted themselves off and got back in the race. They had an undying belief that what they were doing was the right thing and would eventually take off – it just needed time and more hard work. In the process, they reached out to mentors, read books, listened to podcasts and audiobooks and attended seminars. They got rid of their egos and they learned from people who were doing exactly what they wanted to do.
We are passionate about helping entrepreneurs get started in their businesses so this is why we have compiled weekly notes from our weekly podcasts. The entrepreneurs who so graciously offered their time to be interviewed are passionate about giving back and helping others as we do.
1. AJ Wilcox is a long-time digital marketer who fell in love with the LinkedIn Ads platform in 2011. He founded B2Linked.com in 2014, which specializes in LinkedIn Ads account management, training, and consulting.
Since then, he has managed hundreds of accounts and a combined $100 million in ad spend on the network. He has worked directly with several of LinkedIn’s top 10 accounts.
AJ’s entrepreneurial journey is deeply rooted in his faith. After he was fired from his last job, he was offered multiple job opportunities. He prayed to God to figure out what he should do and the answer was to turn them all down and start his own business — and he’s never looking back!
2. Sam McRoberts, founder & CEO of VUDU Marketing, has been doing web design and online marketing for 18 years, and has extensive experience with search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, paid search marketing, conversion optimization, and social media marketing.
He has done work for hundreds of companies such as HTC, Microsoft, Nokia, Getty Images, HostGator, Goodreads, Scholastic, and Shane Co.
Sam is the author of Screw the Zoo (#1 Amazon best seller in self-help), a book about escaping from the mental and societal cages that keep us trapped, and writes for Inc. and Entrepreneur.
3. Kevin Harrington is an orginial “Shark” onthe hit TV show Shark Tank, the creator of the infomercial, pioneer of the As Seen on TV brand, and co-founding board member of the Entrepreneur’s Organization—Kevin Harrington has pushed past all the questions and excuses to repeatedly enjoy 100X success.
His legendary work behind-the-scenes of business ventures has produced well over $5 billion in global sales, the launch of more than 500 products, and the making dozens of millionaires. Twenty of his companies have each topped $100 million in revenue.
4. Guy Kawasaki did not invent secular evangelism, but he popularized it. This goes back to 1983 and his work with the Macintosh Division of Apple. He is currently the chief evangelist of Canva, an online, graphics-design Company from Australia.
Guy is the author of thirteen books. These books are textbooks for the finest academic institutions in the world and have been both New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers. His writing focuses on the tactical and practical in order to empower and inspire.
Guy gives over fifty keynote speeches per year. His clients include Apple, Nike, Gartner, Audi, Google, Microsoft, and Breitling as well as dozens of trade associations. His topics include innovation, enchantment, social media, evangelism, and entrepreneurship.
5. Peter Reitano is the Co-Founder and CEO of Abacus Agency. He is an Agency side marketing veteran with 10 years in the industry. Built and sold Spark Marketing, teaches digital marketing at Bitmaker Labs, mentors at Futurpreneur, and regularly speaks at conferences and industry panels around the world.
Here are the key overarching takeaways from Colin’s interviews.
Marketing is the oxygen to your business. Colin spoke to 3 entrepreneurs who found their niches in the marketing world – Facebook, LinkedIn and SEO. They provided some great tips and resources for you.
A beautiful Website doesn’t matter if no one can find it!
But you cannot start advertising or even start pitching your business idea to investors if you cannot answer the question “What do you do” clearly and succinctly.
To connect with AJ visit his Website: B2linked.com (fill out the contact page and connect directly with AJ)
To connect with Sam McRoberts email him: email@example.com, or connect with him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sams_antics?lang=en, LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sammcroberts/ or visit his Websites: screwthezoo.com, vudumarketing.com, sammcroberts.com
Sam’s FREE GIFT (only 5 available): myseocourse.com, DISCOUNT CODE, DAILYGRIND
To connect with Peter visit his Website: https://www.abacus.agency/ or follow him on Twitter: Peter Reitano
If you need a Business Plan visit: Plan2Profit
If you want to talk to Colin Morgan book a call HERE
Screw the Zoo by Sam McRoberts
The 4-Hour WorkWeek by Timothy Ferriss
Secret to Closing The Sale by Zig Ziglar
If You Want To Write by Brenda Ueland
Built to Sell by John Warrillow
The Art of the Start 2.0 by Guy Kawasaki
Selling the Dream by Guy Kawasaki
Reality Check by Guy Kawasaki
Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki
The Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki
Suggested Readings from Week 23