These entrepreneurs were motivated to change, and they were deliberate in how they were going to do it.
Ep #117: Russ Perry, Design Pickle
Ep #118: Travis Chambers, Chief Media Hacker
Ep #119: Johnathan Grzybowski, Co-Founder of Penji
Ep #120: Colin Nanka, Sales and Leadership Development
Ep #121: Brent McClure, CFO
The Daily Grind Business Podcast interviews successful business owners and people in hopes to inspire the next great entrepreneur.
Welcome to Week 23 of The Daily Grind Business Podcast Weekly Summaries. Each week the interviewees impart their wisdom by sharing their experiences. Learn from them. To connect with them and to receive some free information please click on the links below.
There is a common thread with all successful entrepreneurs and that is the importance of investing in both your business and personal growth. So each week we also share with you titles of books that either these entrepreneurs have written or suggested that you read.
The people who Colin interviews didn’t just make a million dollars. They persevered. A lot of them failed; but they got back up, dusted themselves off and got back in the race. They had an undying belief that what they were doing was the right thing and would eventually take off – it just needed time and more hard work. In the process, they reached out to mentors, read books, listened to podcasts and audiobooks and attended seminars. They got rid of their egos and they learned from people who were doing exactly what they wanted to do.
We are passionate about helping entrepreneurs get started in their businesses so this is why we have compiled weekly notes from our weekly podcasts. The entrepreneurs who so graciously offered their time to be interviewed are passionate about giving back and helping others as we do.
1. Russ Perry is the Founder of Design Pickle, the #1 unlimited and flat-rate graphic design service in the world. Launched in 2015, Design Pickle has experienced unprecedented success helping small businesses get the creative content they need so their clients can focus on what they do best. Russ is the author of The Sober Entrepreneur, a powerful book uncovering his journey from rock bottom and his commitment to the ultimate life hack: sobriety. Additionally, Russ is a Certified Trainer with Wake-Up Warrior, the #1 training program for men worldwide. He enjoys traveling with his wife – Mika – and their three beautiful daughters.
2. Travis Chambers is the Founder and Chief Media Hacker at Chamber.Media, an agency that makes scalable social videos; large production videos run as ads on Facebook and YouTube that drive millions in sales. In his career, he’s been a hands-on Director, Producer, Writer,
and Social Ad Buyer. See case studies at www.chamber.media.chamber.Media videos have driven $40,000,000+ in trackable sales, 250 million views, 3 million social shares, 15k press features, and thousands of brand integrations with social influencers. We’ve been featured in AdWeek, Forbes, NextWeb, and Time.
Travis led distribution and content strategy for “YouTube’s #1 Ad of the Decade,” Kobe vs. Messi with 140 million views. He’s worked with brands like Yahoo, Kraft, Old Navy, Coca-Cola, and Amazon among others.
Travis regularly speaks about social/web video at conferences such as VidCon, VidSummit, ad: tech, Start Festival, CVX Live, and Universities.
3. Johnathan Grzybowski is the co-founder of Penji, a dependable on-demand design service that helps marketing teams receive unlimited custom design at a flat monthly cost. His goal is to empower the next generation of designers through education and community building. Johnathan is also the producer and host of The Blind Entrepreneur Podcast featuring interviews with entrepreneurs, CEO’s, and business professionals to help those who may be temporally blind in business and guide those individuals to profitability.
4. Colin Nanka is the Senior Director of Enablement for North American Sales and Leadership Development at the world’s leading Customer Relationship Management Company, Salesforce.com. He is a proven sales leader with over 20 years of sales experience including time at Salesforce and Xerox Corporation. Colin completed his business degree in Canada at the University of Alberta. In his spare time, he competes in multi-day, self-sustained, adventure races in the world’s most treacherous terrains, including the Sahara Desert, Gobi Desert, Iceland, Grand Canyon, Atacama Desert and, most recently, in Antarctica. He has a passion for writing, collaborating, learning and empowering his community to go further.
5. Brent McClure is not your typical CPA. He is a visionary, a change agent, and paradigm breaker for the accounting profession as well as businesses across multiple verticals. Brent grew up in his family grocery store and took a love of business from an early age and turned it into his future.
A results-oriented Senior Executive and Consultant with more than 20 years of success, Brent crosses many business verticals: financial services, construction, SaaS, retail, distribution, manufacturing, oil & gas, and technology industries. Brent leverages his extensive experience to help businesses improve profitability, increase their capacity, develop sustainability and ensure necessary compliance all while achieving a greater return on investment.
In his experience, Brent has learned that hiring a CFO isn’t something many small or medium-sized businesses can afford, yet many times desperately need. With this knowledge, he started promoting his CFO services as more of an outsourced, a la carte, offering via McClure Consulting & Advisory, LLC.
Now Brent helps businesses surpass their financial goals through leadership coupled with strategic planning and execution. He wants to ensure business leaders and owners no longer ignore the need for robust financial support or the “back office”, finances to their own detriment.
The one piece of advice that most of these entrepreneurs would like to give you is to have patience. They were always pushing to be successful. “It is good to push but too often we keep climbing and fail to enjoy the process and to be grateful during the process.”
To connect with Johnathan Grzybowski, visit his Website: penji.co
If you want to use Johnathan’s graphic design services, click for 15% off use PROMO CODE: podcast15
To connect with Brent McClure, visit his Website: brentmcclure.com or follow him On Social Media: @lbmcpa.
For a FREE Strategy Session: brentmcclure.com/dailygrind
If you need a Business Plan visit: Plan2Profit
The Sober Entrepreneur by Russ Perry
Deep Work, By Cal Newport
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
The Way of The Champion, by Jerry Lynch and Chungliang Al Huang
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
How Champions Think by Dr. Bob Rotella and Bob Cullen
Crushing It by Gary Vaynerchuk
Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss