“Marketing is the cornerstone for every successful business. “Nothing happens in business until someone sells something to someone else.”
Ep #56: Noah Kagan, Founder of The Sumo Group
Ep #57: Tom Schwab, Founder of Interview Valet
Ep #58: Finding Your Dream Job with Nissar Ahamed
Ep #59: Curiosity & Culture with Barry Glassman
Ep #60: Influencer Marketing with Victor Ricci
The Daily Grind Business Podcast interviews successful business owners and people in hopes to inspire the next great entrepreneur.
Welcome to Week 12 of The Daily Grind Business Podcast Weekly Summaries. Each week the interviewees impart their wisdom by sharing their experiences. Learn from them. To connect with them and to receive some free information please click on the links below.
There is a common thread with all successful entrepreneurs and that is the importance of investing in both your business and personal growth. So each week we also share with you titles of books that either these entrepreneurs have written or suggested that you read.
1. Noah Kagan is a serial entrepreneur, author, podcaster, internet marketer, business expert, and taco lover. He was employee #30 on Facebook and #4 at Mint. He’s the founder of Sumo and AppSumo. Essentially, he builds tools that help small businesses grow.
2. Tom Schwab knows how to build an online business. Marketing at its heart is starting a conversation with someone who could be an ideal customer. Tom helps small business owners, entrepreneurs and soloprenuers get featured on leading podcasts their prospects are already listening to. Then he shows them how to turn listeners into customers.
3. Nissar Ahamed is the Founder and Managing Editor of an online publication called com, where they focus on career advice for job seekers and freelancers.
His publication, CareerMetis.com has a community focused approach to career discussion and has earnt Nissar great respect amongst his peers. His decision to establish CareerMetis.com, was motivated by a desire to share his experience in the recruitment industry with others.
4. Barry Glassman founded Glassman Wealth Services back in 2009 and has grown the firm to manage over $1 billion for families and entrepreneurs. You may have seen him on CNBC as he sits on their digital advisory board; and he has been recognized with top advisor awards by just about every respected financial publication, including Barron’s, Financial Times and Investment News.
But what drives him is different than most financial leaders, believing that the culture at his firm can affect the outcomes of his clients’ goals. In his spare time, he’s a frustrated color-blind photographer (www.barryglassman.net), specializing in travel and sports photography.”
5. Victor Ricci is the founder of Trend Pie. A marketing company that specializes in Influence Marketing. At 22 years old he has around 5 years of experience in social media and digital Ricci has always loved the Internet and creating things. As a teenager, he experimented in different areas of technology and business to find what he was passionate about. During this process, he started a half dozen web companies before founding Trend Pie in his college dorm room.
He started taking social media more seriously when his Vine account, @QuickLifeHacks, amassed over 1,400,000 followers. He was a social media personality for years so he understands the industry from both aspects. Ricci graduated from Seton Hall University with a degree in Marketing.
Three of these entrepreneurs carved a unique and different niche in the marketing world.
A couple of entrepreneurs were taught to go ahead and find a secure career. Put your time in, get a pension and everything will be taken care of. These entrepreneurs did work in what the masses would consider a “great job” but they were not happy.
To connect with Noah Kaban visit his Websites: Appsumo.com – social media tool; Sumo.com, – tools to automate your site growth; Briefcasehq.com – dozens of software tools to help you create, grow and scale your business; Kingsumo.com to help you grow your email list.
Interview Strategy by Tom Schwab
To connect with Tom Schwab visit his Website.
To connect with Nissar Ahamed visit his Website or email him: email@example.com
To connect with Victor Ricci visit his Website or Twitter: @victorjricci and/or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcast Guest Profits: Grow Your Business with a Targeted Interview Strategy by Tom Schwab
Upside-Down Selling by Ian Altman
Same Side Selling by Ian Altman